Velocity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Velocity

The semi-official forum for Velocity. Now you can't say I've never done anything for you.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Geek Chic and the art of the Snake

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Geek Chic and the art of the Snake Empty Geek Chic and the art of the Snake Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:44 pm

Serpentesque

Serpentesque

I am searching for ideas, I am wanting to make some jewellery and other such odds and sods, but I want to use things that are relevant to the world of geek.
Think geek sell some rather mundane pendants fashioned from unused PCB's (printed circuit boards for all who dont know) Mr J has hooked me up with some broken graphics cards that I have butchered the PCB's off and a solder sucker so I am going to come up with my own version to begin with. I was wearing a capacitor as a flesh plug, but that is a bit on the simple side.
What I need from you guys is to think of things that you would consider 'Geeky' that could possibly be used in accessories. The obvious are things like the circuit boards, components and keyboard keys. But I am open to any other ideas (dice have been done to death, but I was thinking if I could slice one open it might be cool)

Cheers in advance
Snakey

2Geek Chic and the art of the Snake Empty Re: Geek Chic and the art of the Snake Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:03 pm

DocAutopsy

DocAutopsy
Admin

Are you open to SteamPunkish stuff? You could probably make some really sweet stuff out of old clocks, wiring and tubes from broken down cars... An old pocket watch could be a great frame for some kind of pendant or necklace. I dunno, I'm just tossing ideas out there. Good luck with your arts, Snakey.

And make sure to post pics up here.

I like pictures.

Geek Chic and the art of the Snake Thumbs-up

http://www.colethomas.bandcamp.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum